Banging? Screeching? AC Noises to Notice!
GRmetro Heating and Cooling is a locally owned and operated HVAC company serving homeowners throughout Grand Rapids, Michigan and the surrounding areas.
Take a deep breath and lean back on your sofa. Close your eyes and listen to everything around you. What do you hear?
Do you hear the sounds of birds chirping outside? Perhaps you hear the television playing your favorite show? However, if you hear the loud banging noise of an air conditioner rooms away, you’ve got a serious problem. AC systems are supposed to work quietly, only clicking when they turn on and whooshing air gently through your vents. If it’s making any obnoxious sounds, you’ve got a problem that needs to be checked out.
It’s not just as simple as hearing a noise and calling us for AC repair in Wyoming, MI. Different sounds signal different problems. These problems can vary in urgency. Either way, call our team if you need help with anything related to your air conditioner!
Listen for These Noises
Air conditioners that make noises are air conditioners that are in trouble. If you take anything away from this blog post, that’s probably the most helpful bit of information. Don’t let your banging, screeching, or squealing AC become the new normal. Call a team of professionals to get it fixed as soon as possible!
- Banging. An air conditioner that is banging indicates that something is either broken or loose. This part could be bouncing around your system and banging against the walls of the unit. This might not seem bad at first until it bangs into something it shouldn’t and the problem gets much worse. Call for a pro to have this fixed.
- Screeching. A screeching system is not even close to normal. This is one of the more urgent signs to pay attention to. Screaming can indicate high internal pressure inside the compressor of your system. This is not only bad for your system’s operation, but it can be dangerous. Screeching can also indicate that there’s a refrigerant leak. Either way, get this addressed today!
- Squealing. There are lots of rubber belts that are used in air conditioners, as well as blower motors. When motors or their belts begin to fall apart, they make a squealing sign. This might not seem like a huge issue at first, but your AC will not function correctly with a broken blower motor.
- Chirping. Chirping can indicate a similar problem to squealing. High pitched noises signify that there’s something wrong with the blower motor, a ball bearing that requires lubrication or a fan belt that needs replacement.
- Hissing or Bubbling. We mention hissing and bubbling a lot on this blog, but it’s an important sound to listen for. Hissing and bubbling almost always signify that there’s a refrigerant leak in your system. This can be bad news for your air conditioner because refrigerant is required for the cooling process to take place. The longer this sound goes on, the worse off your air conditioner will be.
Don’t deal with an air conditioner that’s struggling to keep you cool. If your system is making noises that are unacceptable, call us to have it fixed.
The team at GRmetro Heating and Cooling Inc can repair your air conditioner today. Call us!